Today I was invited to Sakhalin TV to show how to make a Christmas fruit decoration.
I explaned how to make a fruit bouquet and a mini fruit garnish for drinks, using simple cut methods.
The class was taken at "Chocolate" cafe, a cozy place with warm interior and tasty coffee&handmade sweets.
|a cameraman at work|
The TV show will be on air later. But I prepared a photo tutorial for my blog on making a mini fruit garnish for cocktails. You can read it right now by scrolling the page down! :))
You can also watch the last year Christams TV show, where I explained how to do a Christmas tree of fruit and sweets. Though it's in Russian, I am sure you will get the method.
|watch the last year TV show "Christams Tree of Fruits and Sweets"|
|mini fruit garnish for Christmas drinks|
You will need:
paring knife, scissors, toothpicks.
Instruction (click the images to enlarge):
1. Cut a small mandarin in half
2. Gently separate the skin of the flesh and turn the skin inside out.
3. Don't worry about the broken skin. Just cut off the damaged parts or make a zigzag cut with scissors.
4. You will get a nice mandarin star.
5. Cut 4 thin slices of the red apple.
6. Insert a toothpick into the slices to attache all sclices together. Make a fan of them.
7. Pin the mandarin star on the top and insert other toothpick close to the first toothpick to secure the fruit garnish. Use the gap between the toothpicks to set the garnish on the glass.
Pin a small grape or a berry on to the final garnish to hide a sharp tip of the toothpick.
This fruit garnish perfectly fits a martini glass.
|steps 2-4 how to do fruit garnish|
|steps 5-7 how to do Christmas fruit garnish|
|The fruit decoratin perfectly fits a Martini glass.|
Check out more Christmas and New Year fruit displays and decorations
More fruit garnish ideas for drinks and cocktails here